I found another tasty, mouth-watering recipe on Pinterest for the awesome, juicy tomato. The recipe is the usual Caprese Salad, with added asparagus! Just like yesterday’s recipe, I stuck with the mozzarella and tomatoes, but this time asparagus takes the spotlight. Asparagus has become one of my favorite vegetables! Calling this recipe delicious simply is an understatement.
Asparagus Caprese Sandwich
- 1 tomato
- Two slices of Mozzarella part skim cheese
- Half of a bundle of Asparagus (use as much as you please)
- Fresh Basil
- Oil and Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
1. Saute the asparagus on the stove top for about five minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Slice the tomato about centimeter thick slices.
3. Layer tomato, mozzarella, basil, and asparagus as you please.
4. Drizzle the sandwich with oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper.
5. Cut in half and enjoy 🙂
This is an awesome snack! The rich flavors all combined are phenomenal. Adding my favorite vegetable to one of my favorite Italian dishes is just a recipe for amazing-ness! Definitely recommend this recipe!! Not to mention so much nutrition packed into an easy, quick and delectable recipe! What more could you ask for?
Update on my challenge!
I keep forgetting this part of my blog!! So far today I have had three servings of fruits and vegetables. This morning I had an apple with peanut butter as part of my breakfast and this afternoon I had the tasty recipe above!! Two more to go for the day!